So, why do people decide to work with a mindset coach? What sort of problems might they be hoping to address?
People come to mindset coaching for one of three reasons:
- because they are experiencing INNER STRUGGLES due to things such as anxiety, stress, overwhelm, addiction, procrastination etc.
- because they want to do better in their career, work or business, or,
- because they are dissatisfied in some way with an aspect of their working life
Sometimes people come to see me for several reasons. Sometimes they come, unsure of the exact reasons, but simply because they are aware that something is not quite right.
In my experience, the most common cause is that their working life is causing INNER STRUGGLES and is not giving them the satisfaction or stimulation that they are looking for.
This can happen after a person has become established in their career or business for some time. Maybe they have been given new and more important responsibilities at work, possibly just as their responsibilities have increased at home towards their partner or spouse, children and perhaps elderly parents.
On the other hand, it can be because the excitement and challenge of the new position, business or career has worn off so that their working life has become more mundane, a bit dull and boring.
Or for others, it can be because they can’t see much of a career path ahead of them.
While there are many reasons to work with an executive coach, some others are summarized below:
- you are weighed down by stress or overwhelm
- you find that you are not progressing because you keep procrastinating
- you find that you have an addiction that is holding you back denying you true happiness
- you are suffering from low self-esteem
- you are feeling that you are not good enough
- you are feeling that you don’t have a real direction in life
- you are feeling that life has lost its meaning for you
- you are continually burdened by fear or worry
- you are dealing with a personal- or family-related crisis
- you are dealing with personal change
Work- or business-related issues
- you have concerns that this is not the right job for you
- you discover the lack of an acceptable career path
- you are getting back into the workforce after extended time off
- you feel that you do not fit in the organisation you are working in
- you are experiencing high levels of stress on the job
- you are having time-management problems
- you are troubled by long work hours
- you have concerns about salary or income
- you have relationship problems with your boss or your employer
- you have relationship problems with co-workers
- you are working in a dysfunctional or antagonistic work environment
- you are facing a work-related crisis
- you are looking for a “sounding-board” to work through ideas with
- you are dealing with work-related change
In my experience, the most common cause is that a person’s working life is causing INNER STRUGGLES and is not giving them the satisfaction or stimulation that they are looking for.
Of course, you might have your own reasons not listed above. The over-arching reason for working with an executive mindset coach would be that you have a work-related problem that you feel you could resolve more successfully by working though it with the support of a specialized expert trained to help with these sorts of issues.
Of course, you might be able to address some of these problems by working through them on your own, or with the help of a trusted friend or colleague.
And, for this reason, some of the posts, videos and courses on this site in the future will help you with issues of this nature.
On the hand, you might find that you address them more efficiently and effectively working with me on a one-on-one basis..